Despite various studies that back its extraordinary healing claim, marijuana continues to remain a topic of debate in the US.
As of 2019, medical marijuana is legal in 33 US states. According to the American Cancer Society, marijuana helps manage the pain associated with cancer treatments. Another study states that migraine attacks reduce by a frequency of 6 in just one month due to the use of medical marijuana. According to a study by Harvard, marijuana also works as a great muscle relaxer.
But, how exactly does medical marijuana affect our body after we intake it? Let us elaborate.
What is medical marijuana?
The plant of medical marijuana is grown without any help from hazardous pesticides. It’s consumed in its unprocessed from. In essence, medical marijuana is the same as recreational marijuana. The only difference is that this one is prescribed by a doctor and is used for medicinal purposes.
What chemicals does it contain?
A marijuana plant, also known as the cannabis plant contains chemicals called cannabinoids. The two main types of cannabinoids are tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). While THC makes a person feel extra ‘high’, the latter does quite the opposite and reduces the psychoactive effect. This effect is equivalent to being in the state of euphoria.
How do these chemicals affect the body?
- Every human being has an endocannabinoid system in their body. This system is responsible for regulation of how our brains, immune system and hormone secretion works. It also contains certain cannabinoid receptors which go by the name of CB1 and CB2.
- When marijuana enters the bloodstream, these receptors are activated
- In their activated form, these receptors then cause certain changes in the way our body acts or feels, known as the psychoactive effect.
How does the body react?
- Cannabinoid is said to be anti-inflammatory in nature. It prevents the enzyme from releasing a specific substance called the prostaglandins. This substance causes pain and inflammation of the body tissues. This way, cannabis helps ease pain and discomfort.
- According to the Journal of American Medical Association, marijuana also leads to increased lung capacity.
- Patients have claimed that marijuana helped them benefit against anxiety and insomnia.This is because marijuana secrets certain chemicals which affect our emotional state and help us relax.
Marijuana is easily obtainable if need for medical purposes. If you’re in Florida or nearby areas, we can help you out. Fill out of patient form online or call at 754-777-8283 to book an appointment. From medical evaluation to actual purchase, we’ll assist you on every step. You can read more about Midori Med’s services.