Not all marijuana is the same. There’s a reason a certain form is legalized and another one isn’t. While one kind of marijuana is said to heal symptoms of cancer, the other one can lead to a road accident. Before you find yourself in trouble with the local authorities or somehow affect your own health, here’s a quick guide for you to know the difference.
Marijuana can be categorized as medical and recreational.
- Recreational marijuana is legal in 10US states while medical is legal in 33 states.
- Composition:A marijuana plant contains hundreds of cannabinoids. The two most types are tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). The THC is a mind-altering chemical that makes you feel high and euphoric. This is where the main difference arises. Recreational marijuana contains high THC content and hence makes you feel high. On the flip side, medical marijuana contains more of CBD and little or no THC.
- Prescription:You need to fulfill a certain criteria in order to qualify for a legal medical marijuana prescription. Not just this, you also need to undergo detailed medical examination by an expert to obtain a legal marijuana certificate; whereas, no such criteria exists for recreational marijuana. You can go to your nearest store and purchase it if your state law allows.
- Age: In order to purchase recreational marijuana, you must be over 21 years of age. For medical marijuana, the required age is 18. However, the laws vary from state to state so make sure you carry out your research before walking into a marijuana dispensary. Also, do note that Florida has only legalized medical marijuana.
- Use:There is only one use of recreational marijuana i.e. to feel high. On the other hand, medical marijuana is sought to battle a variety of medical conditions. The most common of these is pain. Some of these diseases are:
- HIV AIDS
- Epileptic seizures
- Muscular discomfort
- Bowel syndrome
If you’re in Florida or nearby places and require medical marijuana for any of the above mentioned medical issues, you’ve come to the right place.